Remodeling a bathroom can be quite overwhelming. It is important to decide a budget, select the right products, and determine the amount of change in the layout. And, this homework is usually done before you plan to call one of the construction companies.
Here is a checklist to ensure that you bathroom remodeling project runs smoothly.
- Be inspired To figure out how you want your remodeled bathroom to look like, go through magazines, internet, book and seminars, and make a stylebook of the inspirational pictures.
- Set up a budget: If you haven’t decided yet, work up an estimate of how much you are willing to spend on your bathroom remodeling project. Setting up a budget will help you decide what necessary things to include in the remodel. Once you’ve estimated your total budget and subtracted the labor costs, you’ll have an idea of how much you can spend on fixtures, tiles and other things.
- Plan time: Often people assume that if they are giving a makeover to a small bathroom it will only take a couple days and less time than a larger one anyway. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Even a small bathroom requires the same steps as a larger bathroom. Planning will help you manage time as well as the intermediate steps such as ordering, purchasing and timely delivery.
- Know the measurements: Every bathroom has three primary size limitations: the footprint of the bathroom, existing fixtures, and plumbing. Make sure you take the right measurements with you when visiting a store. You do not want to end up purchasing stuff that is not the right fit.
- Hire a contractor: Given the complexity of the job and crucial operations like plumbing, electrical wiring, etc, hiring one of the best construction companies is a smart thing to do. Therefore, save yourself a lot of time and miseries by hiring a professional who can carry out your bathroom remodeling project effectively.
- Update fixtures: Repairing or replacing fixtures and other features make a separate checklist in themselves. Make sure your checklist also includes changing drawer pulls and door handles, and other hardware to give an entire new look to your bathroom.
- Walls and Flooring: Depending on your budget, there are many handsome choices available for your flooring and wall surfaces of your bathroom. Just make sure you keep the bathroom flooring durable and slip-resistant.
- Final clean: The final clean includes cleaning walls, windows, floor, windows, cabinetry, and light fixtures. You can also hire a cleaning service but that will add additional costs to your budget.
At Chateau Homes Constructions, we have a team of skilled Edmonton builders and general contractors. We one of the leading residential and commercial construction companies offering a range of services with expertise and reliability.